In comparison to what could also be built on this property the developer and builder has chosen what he believes is best for the community. The Ridge Farms will not only provide multiple housing types for all age groups with high level architecture and aesthetic appeal, but it will also create recreation, open space and amenities available to the township at-large, not just residents of this community. There is much room for open space and walkability compared to the typical plan allowed by zoning.
The community benefits this project will bring include:
- Millions of dollars in road improvements paid by the developer, NOT taxpayers, will benefit the community at large to ensure safe, efficient travel in this area. Improvements include:
- Lowering the top of Cedar Crest Blvd at the Huckleberry intersection to improve sight distance, plus the addition of a traffic light at the Huckleberry/Cedar Crest intersection;
- Addition of a southbound through lane between Walbert Avenue and the RT 22 bridge, widening of off ramps at 22 in the addition of multiple turn lanes in this area plus the replacement of three existing lights to conform with more modern technology requirements;
- Substantial improvements to Walbert Avenue both east and west of Cedar Crest including a new light at Walbert and Office Park Road
- Hundreds of construction jobs created over the build out period
- Permanent jobs from the medical offices, retail and residential apartments
- Millions of dollars a year generated in tax revenue for S. Whitehall
- Even with the projected school-age children from the project, the tax revenue will be a large net gain for the Parkland School District.
- Additional tax revenue supports local schools, infrastructure and services
- This project will create more tax revenue for the schools versus the cost of additional students added to the district.
- A significant component of age-restricted units, which provide only a positive school impact and significantly less traffic during peak hours, is incorporated into The Ridge Farms
- Apartments typically provide less demand on the school system.
Open Space & Recreation
- The proposal has 45 acres of total open space, with nearly 17 acres of active open space.
- Recreation, open space and amenities will be available to the township at-large not just residents of this community.
- A boardwalk, gazebo, trails, pavilions, playground equipment and walking space abounds on this 190-acre site
- Much room for open space and walkability compared to the typical plan allowed by zoning.
Other Amenities & Benefits
- Multiple housing types for all age groups with high level architecture and aesthetic appeal.
- Best-in-class resident amenities including a pool and workout room will make The Ridge Farms a premier place to live, work and dine
- Boosts commerce for local merchants with a new customer base to attract